Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Upcoming campaign :Adopt an animal

Hello,

While im finished with my internship i`ve been given the task to develop a campaign to promote the Adopt an animal plan which consists in adopting an animal, the adoption is symbolic and cost Rs 1000 for a  year. The adoption is renewable. The difficulty in this task was that as we are a NGO,the budget allocated for this campaign was Rs 0.00 !!!! I thought: what campaign am i going to do with no budget. It was kind of a stress to write letters,making phone calls,writing emails to ask for sponsorship for EVERYTHING.Looking for designers, free space in newspapers,printers who accepted to print all artworks for free. I`ve learn to not to beg but to ask with diplomacy for help or sponsorship. My campaign is already done,i mean the media plan,the artworks are drafted,media releases send, we are just waiting for the approval of the board of the MWF so im staying their till the end of my campaign which i like to call : my baby....my first campaign...that's exciting!!and i really hope that it will be a success.

cheers

Anne-Lise

2 comments:

Caroline Paterson said...

Wow. That is amazing work. You should be so proud of yourself. Designing a pr plan with no budget. Thats great. 2 thumbs up.
Also great work with the animals

Unknown said...

Hey Anne, congratulations on your first campaign/ baby! On your note, I do agree and understand the difficulties of crafting and working out a campaign with no budget but only the help of sponsors. In that space, I thought I’d like to offer you some practical tips on how to get a real good understanding of your potential sponsor’s profiles.
1. their company website
2. brand websites (assuming the brand has many sub brands under it- it is crucial to check up on the websites as to get a good understanding of company brand as a whole)
3. LinkedIn profile
4. Social Media (see what consumers say and feel about the brand)
5. Google search (to see the brand popularity)
Hope those are of some help and all the best to your campaign! I am in total support of it as I strongly believe in adoption of pets too☺