As mentioned in my last post, my supervisor Ms Nirmala had given me an opportunity to choose a department to work in. So, I have chose to work in Sales and Marketing Department in property division. The reason for choosing this department is because of there is a new property launching recently, hence the department needs some Marketing and PR techniques to promote the project. And I had just experienced an amazing property launching event that organised by our company.
The project that I mentioned is call Midori GREEN, is a project that contained four blocks of eight-floor-apartment that located in the heart of the development area. To introduce this project to the target prospects, my company had decided to organise a launching event in the sales gallery last month. Being part of the department, my senior manager had asked me to assist them to prepare for the launching too!
Property launching is totally brand new stuff for me, I realised that there are a lot of preparation works for Midori GREEN launching event, such as designing product brochure, sending invitation cards, preparing goody bags for the visitors, venue decorations and so on. In terms media relations, we also promote our event through newspaper, company website as well as social media site such as Facebook and Twitter. As the company has a customer database, we also send our invitation card to all the previous purchases and interested registrants through email and posted mail.
On the launching day itself, each of the visitors was given a goody bag that contained our product brochure, company labelled bottle water, company newsletter and registration form. Project director, manager and sales representatives were there to introduce the product to the visitors.The launching has successfully attracted around 1000 visitors and 70% of the property had sold out, it was also a great experience for me as I have learned a lot from my senior on how to manage an event.
Koh Li Shi, Liz
15091853
Miri Sarawak
Build-up model that placed in the launching venue
Tables and chairs prepared for the visitors
Goody bag that given to the visitors
Promotional materials including flyer, brochure and map
Koh Li Shi, Liz
15091853
Miri Sarawak




3 comments:
Hey Liz,
Sounds like you're having a great time! I think you picked the right choice to be in Sales & Marketing department as you will be directly involved with most of the PR stuff for this new company!
I'm so jealous you got to help out so much in the launching event! Must have been a very great experience for you! I have so far helped out with one event but didn't have to help design anything but the agenda and prepare some game materials. Did you really get to hands on promote through Facebook? That's really cool! Must have been great for you to feel like you created this successful event.
Glad things are going well! Look forward to reading more!
Hi Liz,
That is nice that you could participate and help out with the event launching! I wish I could too because I think this is a great opportunity to learn how to run an event and also meeting more person do help in expanding relations for the company. The project itself sounds interesting to me too as now the property trend is leaning towards to sustainable lodgings.
It seems that you really enjoy what you are doing in current internship placement. Looking forward to read more from you!
Renee Tiong x
Hi Liz,
I am really envy that you actually get to go out and participate in the execution of an event. Actually I am envy of anyone who gets to do that.
I don't know if it is the nature of corporate communications or just the company that I am working for, the events are limited to mainly internal communications. I would really love for the chance to go out on the field to meet external stakeholders, cause for certain the demands and expectations of internal and external stakeholders are very much different, so it would be nice to actually have a feel of what is it like to manage the external stakeholders of the company.
Also, after the completion of the company newsletter, the department is heading towards its lull. There are just a few minor events coming up. So I am reduced to commenting on posts rather than posting them myself.
Anyway, hope you are well!
Post a Comment