Friday, March 8, 2013

Begining of my internship in a Creative atmosphere.

Good Afternoon everyone,

I am Sharonne Delia  from the Charles Telfair Institute, Mauritius. I am doing a Bachelor of commerce in Tourism and Events management, Hospitality and Public Relations. I am on the end of my first week at Publico Creative.

Publico Creative is an advertising company operating in the Capital of Mauritius. It is mainly an advertising organisation dealing with all kinds of  media such as billboards, newspaper, radio, brochures and television.  For my internship, I am involved to assist the communication agent entitled as the account manager in the company. As Publico Creative has no separated departments; graphic designers, account managers, copywriters and the creative director work as a whole to make the organisation prosper in a team spirit. 
My first day at Publico was unforgettable I was nervous about my first experience in the PR field as I could finally put my hours of study into practice. I got a very warm welcome from everyone there as they were very friendly and made me feel comfortable. I got the chance to hear about the organization, their policies and culture, as well as get a good sense of the type of work I will be doing.



For my first week, I carried out some research work linked to a conquest done by a company, one of the clients of Publico. It enables me to upgrade my knowledge on how to assist and organise a conquest ( event). 

I had the opportunity to go and assist the communication agent in a photo shoot and to go to a recording studio for a client's advertising where my role was to act as intermediary between the client and the company.

I assist to my first meeting of the whole company to make a point on the different works being held in the company. This meeting is help to improve employee relation and communication between everyone in the company and everyone gives their point of view about the issues that arouse during the previous week. 

I hope that you enjoy reading my first week experience in a creative atmosphere. If you have any question in regard to my internship just leave a comment.


Kind regards
Sharonne Delia 
" Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education" - Martin Luther King, Jr

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sharonne,

Your first week of internship appears to be very enthralling. I think that working in an advertising company brings you a lot both on a personal and professional scale, it is a very good experience as a whole. Moreover, it enables you to be engulged immediately in the media segment and thus you will be able to apply all the PR concepts you learnt. You said that you have been able to organise a conquest, that's sound interesting, what type of conquest was it?
For instance, I wish you best of luck for your upcoming weeks and keep it up :)

Unknown said...

Hi Charlotte,

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, and the very kind words. I appreciate it a lot. I was able to participate in one of the steps of the conquest with the team which is working on it. It is a conquest where the participants of different age group could show there talents on a specific issue.

Wish you good-luck too. :)