Hi everyone, this post is about the challenges I encountered in finding an internship.
Sending of curriculum vitae:
Since December 2012, I have already sent my curriculum vitae as well as all my certificates needed to many companies. I was waiting to get a reply from one of these companies but in vain. No reply, no phone calls till April 2013. In the mean time I asked my lecturer if it is posible to do the internship at Groupe A de Cassis and the reply was positive. I tried to apply at Groupe A de Cassis and the response was quick enough, after one week.
Responses from the companies:
In the second week of April 2013, when I have already started and enjoying my internship, two companies called me to tell me that I have been approved. I did not accept because I had already done many tasks at Groupe A de Cassis. I was wondering why these companies took so much time to give me a response.
What was my aim:
My aim of sending my curriculum vitae since December 2012 was because I wanted to complete my internship before the starting date of my studies as this semester I am doing 5 modules. It is a little bit difficult to cope but I am trying my best.
Enjoying my internship at Groupe A:
As it is a Non-governmental organisation, I enjoy a lot doing my internship there because I learn more about the issues which our society is facing and what these social workers are doing to help these people. The environment is calm and at Groupe A, the sex workers and drug addicts show respect to every one even to the visitors.
That's all for this post.
Thank you all for reading.
4 comments:
Dear Lorry,
Thank you for sharing your experience in finding a placement for your internship.
I shall say I have been through this battle too and it was so uneasy as you spend much time to put in place a list of the places you would like to do your internship, you find yourself making several calls, sending many e-mails, but that does not mean your request would be accepted.
Fortunately, through the intermediary of a friend, I was able to secure a place at the Mauritian Wildlife Foundation.
As per what I have read, you have been to an NGO as well. I hope you have had outstanding experiences over there.
Warm regards,
Wendy
Hello Lorry,
My experience in finding an internship was totally different from yours. I indeed applied to several companies but in fact I wanted to get an experience in the art and culture world in which I wish to pursue my career later on. As I wrote in my last blog, I went to talk to Immedia's director during the launching of Collection Maurice and he told me to send my cv before mid December. I got an answer within 1 week only and it was positive. I'm glad I seized the opportunity to talk to both the director and communication manager.I ended up securing an internship in the art and cultural field and that was exactly in line with my aspirations.
Divya.
Hi dear friends Wendy and Divya. Thank you for reading my post on the difficulties I have when finding a placement. Wendy, yes it was a big deal for me to find a suitable placement. At first, I was afraid to work for an NGO because there is no PR department there, but later on I saw that the organisation is in fact doing PR activities except without the presence of a PR department and I can tell that it has been a great experience to work in this environment.
Divya, you have been lucky then. Because for me, I was stressed for not receiving any response from anyone. And I was shocked that when I phoned a hotel to see whether I can do my internship there, the communication department asked me what is public relations. It might sound funny but this shows that not every companies know the importance of having a PR department and moreover what PR is. I would like to get an answer within one week too but on the other hand I have been able to face the challenge of finding a placement.
Regards to both of you,
Lorry
Post a Comment