Hello everyone, my name is Joanne Ting. This is my 8th semester in Curtin University Sarawak Campus.
I am taking Bachelor in Mass Communication, major in Film and Television and Public Relations.
Because of I am planning to extend a semester in Perth so I decided to take three units only in this semester, including PR 393, so that I can work and studies at the same time during this semester.
Im a 22 year old from Bintulu, Sarawak (about 2 and half hours drive from Miri), and yes Im not far from my home town, so I can always drive home anytime.
I completed my internship at Corporate Communications Department in Curtin Sarawak.
I remembered the first day, I was super excited and panic. Exciting because this is my first time working while, panic about the strange environment and people that I am going to meet.
But everything turned up nice as my colleagues are so kind and friendly.
In this 20 days of internship, I've learned a lot from my supervisor, Ms. Marcella and all my colleagues in the office. I feel thankful to my manager, Nicholas Leong, who willing to take me as his intern.
As it was the beginning of the semester, there was not much events going on.
The first few days, I was sitting in the office doing media monitoring and press clippings. Through the process, I've learnt about how to calculate the value of a piece of news (sizes and prices from each media outlets).
After I have done all the media clippings, my colleagues would assign me some works like writing tender and key-in academic staffs' information as record.
I was so worried because I have not really done anything related to Public Relations. But, luckily, there were some events coming up which I can involve and learn. Wish to know? Stay tune to my next entry.
Take Care.
Kind Regards,
Joanne Ting
15109536
No comments:
Post a Comment