The seminar is organized by Momentum, and it is a one life suicide prevention program to present about how the community can overcome their mental health challenges and problems. Just to remind you readers that I am currently working for the Momentum Forum Events which is in charge of organizing events for worthy causes.
Since the event starts at 9.30 am we arrived one hour earlier so that we can be able to do what we can before attendees arrive. I was helping out my Public Relations team to get prepared for the seminar at the Technology Park in Bentley WA.
There were boxes of booklets, pamphlets, handouts such as the evaluation form, running sheet agenda, business cards to be given away to the attendees related to the seminar. My public relations team and I were all working together to organize them all in one media kit and place the kit on the chairs. This way we can avoid giving out the whole lot or passing on the materials one by one to the attendees.
Besides, we thought it was more convenient to put it in one pile with the handouts, business card, pamphlets and flyers all wrapped in one booklet. It is certainly better to put all in one pile with rather than just having the materials displayed on a table. Not forgetting, the team had to sort out some reserve signs to be displayed for the reservation of the VIP’s on the front row.
There was almost a panic situation when we couldn’t find the box with the name tags. It was not in the batch of the boxes. We were asked to arrange the name tags to display them on a table for the guests to register and collect. Luckily the name tag box just arrived in time. Would you imagine if the name tags were not around for the attendees? Now that would have been a PR dilemma.
Guests arrive! Now it’s time to get serious.
The name tags were all aligned for the attendees to collect signed in for registration and was asked to sign a photo release form. There needs to be permission to be granted in case the photographer would want to take a photo by following the legitimate reasons provided in the form.
I have learnt so much just by attending and helping out in this seminar. It has definitely been a different experience for me. Here is to sum up on all the things I have learnt. - Arrive before the guests to ensure all is ready in order to avoid any dilemma surprises
- Assist all guests in registering and offer help when needed
- Prepare and organize the media materials for convenience
- Team work leads to a solution
- Responsibility in prioritizing the guests
- Respecting the seminar by being attentive
- Multitask and work smart
Here are some snap shots of the “One Life Suicide Prevention” seminar. The CEO of Momentum Forum Events, Barbara McNaught quoted, “it was a great seminar, and it was a successful all went well, thank you girls for coming!”
I am glad to share this experience with you other fellow interns. If you have any other enquiries don’t hesitate to feedback or comment, thank you for reading. Be sure to follow up with my blog posts as my diary of a public relations intern continues.






2 comments:
Hi Siti
Your summary on what you had learn't at the event is defintely something I need to keep in mind for my work experience at the event company i'm currently interning at as I will be helping out with my first event on Tuesday.
Your tips are something I defintely need to keep in mind for future reference too as by the sounds of the advice, these are the essentials to a event so it's a must that I engrave it into my memory! Thank you for the heads up and advice!
The 'One Life Suicide Prevention' seminar sounds like a truly inspirational and wonderful event to be a part of. The seminar sounds like such a meaningful type of event which I would of defintely loved to have been able to be a part of or attend personally.
Whilst reading about your prepartation of the event, it brought back memories of my volunteer work for the Bankwest Raine Square Launch. My recommendation would be to create a checklist and to ensure everythings checked off before going to the venue. As this can minimise any mishaps such as missing name tags as it will help to ensure things are in order and you can stress less as a team.
Looking forward to reading the rest of your blogs and the upcoming events by Momentum
Cassie
Hi Siti,
I was so happy reading your blog posts as I feel the exact same way as you about events!
Going into my internship, I didn't expect to learn as much as I did and most of them, I learnt from actually helping out in an event as well!
I agree with Cassandra, your tips were extremely helpful and I will also need to remember them for the next time!
I look forward to reading your next post!
Best Regards,
Laura Ng
Post a Comment