Hello,
I hope you are doing well. So, this is actually my third
reflective blog post for PR 393. I have already covered my 20 days but I am
still with the Mauritian Wildlife Foundation. I have decided that I will be
shifting from intern to volunteer because I love the atmosphere here and doing
some social works do not harm.
I felt pretty inspired one day during my internship session
and I sat down at my desk writing several ideas down a word document. After
showing them to my supervisor, Mr. Thisbe, I was allowed to start working on
some already. The first one was actually a volunteer campaign and I could not
wait to start. It is almost done and ready to print and post. Finally, what I
thought was challenging is not that tough in the end. I just needed some times
to adapt and organize myself.
Also, I might have forgotten to precise that there is no
official PR department in the organization I am currently doing my internship. Maybe
this is what made it complex at the beginning but I was definitely ready to
accept the challenge. I feel proud when it comes to apply what I have been
taught during my three last years at university. All the techniques, theories
and approaches I have learned have helped me a lot. In fact, I have been able
to write a media release, a fact sheet, a media backgrounder, look for
sponsors, a running schedule, a newsletter, a brochure, and to organize a
volunteer campaign. These were not always a piece of cake but I made it.
Until my next post, cheerz
3 comments:
Hi dear, Yours experience at Mauritian wild life sounds great. It is nice to read that you had enjoy your internship. Can you tell me what are your challengers that arouse from your internship? For my part, everyday was a challenge, mainly when it comes to deal with clients who come from well known companies in Mauritius. It was quite difficult for me at the beginning to adapt with the schedule of the communication agent who had meetings and briefings quite everyday and I had to assist her. You said that you had the opportunity to develop some ideas of your own. I, myself had this opportunity and it helped me a lot to understand all the benefits and drawback of implementing a project, mainly the necessary permission for some purposes.
Waiting to hear from you.
Regards
Sharonne
Hello Sharonne,
thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.
Well, some of the challenges I have encountered are pretty the same as for what you have experienced.
I shall say that the very first challenge was to adapt myself to this new environment and afterwards, to get the guts to phone important people to gather information or to tell them about the package I was developing at that early stage, while being professional.
As I can see, you experienced a lot of things as well during your internship and this sounds great.
I think it is in fact a good initiative to give us an insight of what is waiting for us after the completion of our degrees.
My kind regards,
Wendy
What commitment! I don't believe that I could ever volunteer working for my current employer even though I love the job. Great to see you having so muh passion.
I would however ask... Is that all to public relations? Is there a underlying reason why you decide to stay on? I'mpretty sure it's not just the writing... Howabout the challenges a PR practitioner face? The life's that you improve. Could it be those too?
Post a Comment