Monday, April 6, 2015

Got Published

Hello All
How you've been since last time ?
I am actually in the office, writing my last post on my last day.
I have to admit that I will miss this dynamic atmosphere, and I am starting to wish my days here didn't go so fast; but to cheer up... I GOT PUBLISHED ! :-)

Some will say it's not a big deal and I tried to act like it's not a big deal although it is not everyday that we see our exact words published on a 5* resorts blog.
What was supposed to be a draft proposal became an official online post on the organisation blog. Not to mention, I did a lot of fine-tuning before sending my draft to Claire, the copywriter, and I had my fingers crossed very hard.

Every PR-prospects know the struggle. Sometimes taken for granted, proposal works that go directly to the trash can be the source of doubts and frustration. Once in a while, being trusted push us further to trust ourselves. Imagine how hard it was to pretend, out of modesty, that I am not so proud to be able to believe more in myself when I saw the link to my article on Facebook



That is why I wanted to share with you my blog post
http://blog.heritageresorts.mu/posts/2015/march/friday/ride-ecotourism-style-at-frederica-nature-reserve-heritage-resorts.aspx

It was all about promoting awareness and increasing the visibility of one of the leisure facilities managed by my placement organisation. Anyhow, how many times have we been "trained" to brainstorm and produce visibility and awareness campaigns for case scenarios in our PR seminars? Honestly, my ears were sore with hearing "strategies to raise awareness" or, "our aim is to increase visibility by 50%"
                           . 
It was the same concerning the Nature Park; except that now it was the Real Deal ! So I did a lot of research on my own and gathered all possible information since I did not know myself that this Park existed and I had never heard of it before.

I know that I have well done my job when my friends told me, after reading my article, that they were longing to go there for a visit. And because that particular place was a Nature Park, which in fact is one of the richest ecosystem reserves of the island of Mauritius, it was more of a passion than a task for me.
You will find some good photos of the park in the link above. Hope you will have a look and enjoy.

Well, time to bid farewell... the internship is near the end.
I wish you all the best for the rest
Wendy, a.k.a "Wendy/Trainee"


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Wendy

Loved your post congratulations on getting published I read the blog it was fantastic and loved the photos you included makes me want to go visit maybe an end of uni trip ;)

I felt the exact same emotions when my newsletter got published. Your right we do so much preparation in our studies but to actually do it in the 'real world' you lack confidence and second guess yourself all the time. So when your article gets posted you feel so happy that they actually decided to use your words and value your input which is pretty awesome! You should feel very proud of yourself :)

This is only the start for us soon we will be publishing numerous things and not even think twice we will be so confident! Goodluck for your future in the big PR world!

Unknown said...

Hey Alexi

Thanks for your comments
You know the feeling too. Indeed what a rejoice when people make you feel valued, specially when you are recognized for your works, stuffs that you pout your heart into.

It's always great to share passion with people around us.

I just hope that we will keep the same principles when we are going to publish our future works and not fall to commodities or worse, whistle-blowing content.

Wish you the best of luck on your path and hope it will cross a lot of good things !


Wendy