Being at NetworkingWA has been a great experience and in the
past 2 ½ months I have had the ability to learn a lot. In many different areas
such as;
Media Release
The other day Bec asked me to write a media release, and
being like many people in a PR major I haven’t written a media release since I
was in Public Relations Techniques. But I gave it ago, after sending in my
version of a media release to Bec and having her critic me on what I need to
improve, it was good to get that feedback back and have it be constructive and
didn’t make me want to give up. Bec had written a media release as the same
time as me and when she sent it to Adrianna even Adrianna was correcting Bec
with Bec saying to me even she saying that she’s still learning.
Resumes &
Applying for position
In the past week Adrianna has announces that she will be
moving back to America. This resulted in NetworkignWA placing and position on
Seek, which has resulted in a lot of applications. Each time that Bec has read
these applications she has passed on a gems of information on to us interns,
such as if you say you have a eye for detail make sure you call the company the
correct name, and many more.
Blogging
Whilst in these blogs we are required to write, however
there is not always a need to write in a blog. I was required to compile a
blog, and whilst Event & Conference CO’s blog does contain some written
blogs it also contains many non-written posts. So Bec as for a picture focused
blog, with many blogs already being compile of DIY events and flower displays,
having remembered something cool have found from previous days of research I
remembered a post I found in pinterest on balloons and how people are
recreating them. So I did a quick and simple post on balloons, that was posted
in the morning and then in the afternoon we were able to draw on that post for
possible ideas for the up and coming KangaART event.
All about the title
& First line
One thing I have learnt and need to master is that its all
about the first line and title when it comes to such things as Blogging and
Title, I know that my previous blogs and probably this one haven’t had that
catchiness but it is certainly something that I am going to work on.
So they are just few of the many things that I have learnt
at my time at NetworkingWA and I have had a really good time whilst being there
and am looking forward to continue interning with them with the up and coming
KangaART event.
1 comment:
Hi Sian,
Sounds like you have been having a great time at Networking WA and have been learning a thing or two. I think I will be doing more blogging in the future, so thank you for those tips. I also learnt about making sure the title and first line has the key words you want your post to be known for to help with Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
Cheers
Rhiannon
Post a Comment