Thursday, October 27, 2016

Another amazing experience


Good morning people, hope everyone is doing well at their respective internship.

As you may all know from my posts, everything has been doing great concerning my internship. Another amazing task I was given during the second month of the internship was “photo editing”. I was asked to go around the hotel, go on an adventure and explore every bit of the hotel. I had to have an open mind as I was asked to take pictures of everything I found interesting. I was pretty much feeling like Dora The Explorer.

Taking pictures with my mobile phone of anything I liked and of course I could not take pictures of hotties without their permission, I choose to take pictures of the scenery and beautiful things surrounding the hotel. This assignment was an astonishing experience for me where I got to know my island and also took time to realize how lucky I am to be a Mauritian.

It was fun and relaxing to get out of the office of the hotel. It made me discover so much and it was nice to connect with the people I encountered. My feet took me everywhere and there were no limits; I took off my shoes and went to the beach and realized why Mauritius was called Paradise Island.

After my small adventure I went back in the office to edit my pictures and made it more enjoyable for the eyes. I learnt how to use a new application to edit photos and afterwards, the PR manager told me which pictures I could put in the social media calendar for the hotel. After supervising my work and helping me in the choice of the pictures to post or not, the PR manager told me that she was proud to have me in her team. ANOTHER ACCOMPLISHMENT! YES!

Some of the pictures I took:

1 comment:

Kimberley Diane said...

Remena your photos look amazing! You should absolutely be proud of your work - no wonder your supervisor is so happy to have you on her team! Eye-catching content is so important for social media engagement, and your photos certainly fit the bill. Perhaps for your next assignment you could shoot a short video, or use the Boomerang app for something a little different? Keep up the great work!
- Kimberley
P.S. Mauritius looks so beautiful, maybe I'll come for a visit after graduation! :P