Tuesday, October 25, 2016

It did not go as planned and that’s ok

Things do not always go as planned. Well thats what happened, there was a conference for all the staffs of the resort. During this conference the manager would be talking about their practices, issues, policies and so on. I was really excited to go as this was going to help me a lot for my final report.

The Conference was in the afternoon. The department already planned their jobs for the day accordingly so that everyone could attend it. But, when we were preparing to take the shuttle to go to the conference a client came complaining that he is having some issues with the Villa. The conference was going to start in thirty minutes.

The priority here was the client, so we had to attend his request. The manager told me to go with two colleagues to see how they tackle the situation. As in those situation staffs must be really attentive and caring or else clients can get angry and decide to leave and go to stay in another resort or hotel.

I went with them to the villa and the others left for the conference. They told us to join them after. But unfortunately, we could not as it was too late and the conference was mostly over when we were done with the client.

I was unable to attend the conference but I learned something else. Those who attended told me a bit about what the CEO said and so on. One of them told me that there will soon be an induction for the new staffs and that he will make the necessary for me to be able to attend it. As, the discussion will be about the Leaders, the domain, overview of all the departments, policies and so on.

For the time being, I am looking forward for that induction.

No comments: