Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Work Hard, Have Fun and Make History

It’s a fact that the working people spend most of their day at their job. With the work hours, and commute, there is a very little family time during the week. And, with getting to spend hundreds of hours with colleagues, you will probably know a lot about them. If you are lucky enough, you love your job and have a great group of co-workers. This makes the day go by a lot easier and faster.

Well, at Heritage The Villas the staffs are awesome. The days go really fast. I wish I could go back or stop time and have a blast with them. This week as I was more used to the job and closer to them. I was able to witness other parts of their routine. I had the chance to travel around the domain on the buggy with one of my colleague. She had to go and meet a client in his villa to discuss about a problem he had. She asked me if I wanted to go with her. Well, of course I said yes. An escape from the work load, there I go…


She showed me lots of things. Those that interested me were about the history of Le Chateau, C-Beach, CSR programs and their sustainable practices. I learnt a lot in the 30 minutes ride. I really appreciated what she did as it was during her working hours. She was not obligated to do so but yet she did!

 



Apart from those opportunities, I really love the internship; I just wished it was my permanent job. As, the department gets along like a family. I had other internship before but this one is epic. I get along with them so easily and each day I am learning new things from them.


Hope you are having a blast too guys, work hard but do have some fun too. In few weeks it will be another part of your adventures. Well, make it a memorable one which will be worth remembering.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Savida,

Your internship sounds like a lot of fun. You are definitely correct that if you have a great relationship with your workmates and you enjoy your job, time goes by so quickly. Sometimes, it doesn't even feel like work at all.

It would have been amazing if you had gotten a permanent job here, but hey, everything happens for a reason. As long as you enjoyed and learnt from the experience, then the internship served its purpose. Wishing you luck in the future, and you'll never know, you might find something better!

-Azyll Paculanang (Curtin, Bentley)