Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Every Story Has An End, But In Life Every End Is A New Beginning.

After the Induction session, there were pending tasks I had to complete which I was able to before the deadline. The few days left were terrible but an amazing experience in the sense that I learned how to cope with stressful crisis and also how to handle angry clients . We did crisis simulations in Public Relations classes, but when you are facing it in real life and you know that the situation is real, it is terrifying.

Those situations arouse due to the lack of staffs in the department, one was sick and one was busy planning a wedding for a client. So, there were one of my colleague and me. But, I was left alone when she had to attend a request in the villas. I had to answer phone calls, try to calm down those angry customers who are having issues with the equipment in their rooms or the shuttle is not coming to pick them up. Hopefully, one staff from another department came to help me out, it was a relief. And, at the end it was all good thankfully.

Overall, this internship experience was both amazing and tiring. But, I would definitely repeat it again without changing a thing! I met interesting people, learned a lot about myself and confirmed that this is the career that I love and want to continue.

But the most important thing I took from Heritage The Villas was my preparedness and readiness for hard work. Many of my colleagues complained a lot about the long hours and hard work but this did not surprise me at all as I felt that Heritage The Villas prepared me well for this with the two weeks night shift. Those views were just epic. It is a really magnificent place.






Following my surprising and positive experience I would definitely encourage first time students to explore out of the ordinary optioned and to open to the unexpected. If you are ready to be surprised, it is very possible that you will surprise yourself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Savida,

Your internship seems to be really interesting given that it is in the hospitality industry. I hope you find a job in this sector as it seems to be really promising and innovative.