Thursday, November 10, 2016

First blog post


This is my first blog post. For the Public Relations Internship unit, I did my internship at the Mauritius Turf Club on the advice of my lecturer who suggested that I do my internship at the Mauritius Turf Club because I was already working at the Mauritius Turf Club. The Mauritius Turf Club does not have a PR department but it has a Communication and Events and Marketing department, which covers the PR-related tasks. My supervisor was Mr Shan Ip, the Communication and Events Manager of the Mauritius Turf Club but I was leasing with Mrs Pritee Ramcalawon, the Marketing and Communication Secretary. An overview of the Mauritius Turf Club for those of you who do not know, the Mauritius Turf Club is the unique organiser of horseracing in Mauritius since 1812 and it is also organises International meetings since 1984. The Mauritius Turf Club is the oldest horseracing organiser in the Southern Hemisphere and the third oldest in the world after The Jockey Club (UK) – since 1750 – and the Irish Jockey Club since 1790. As you may have noticed, the Mauritius Turf Club is bicentenary since 1812 and not many organisations in the whole world can boast about the fact that they are bicentenary.

No comments: