Thursday, November 3, 2016

I love Christmas

Almost at the end of the line now. Few more days till I end my internship on November 8th.
One last task.


Christmas is just around the corner.


As my last assignment, I was tasked to 'build' a tree.
Yes, 'BUILD' a tree.
Its a tree made from plywood. In which myself, my supervisor and our maintenance chief helped to cut out the tree and sprayed it with a pretty greenish shade.

This is our last CSR Program of the year. A Christmas Wish with the Children from the Miri Methodist Children Home. This is a home for the less fortunate children, mostly orphans.

Our tasks:
To create a handmade Christmas tree to be placed on the lobby of our subsidiary hotel, Pullman Miri Waterfront from the 25th of November till 21st of December. These children will get their wish onto the tree along with their detail and photo. Then, the public, hotel guests or hotel staff get to fulfill the wishes of these children before Christmas.

Too bad I won't be around to see it as I'm leaving on the 8th. However I have done my part and I hope my colleague the best of luck.




As of today, 70% complete


As my last day is slowly approaching, I have learned a lot in the past 3 months. I am grateful of the opportunity to learn and made new friends along my journey. 

2 comments:

Candace Sharpe said...

Hi Alan :)

That looks amazing! Well done :) I believe that the hands on work in PR can be just as fulfilling, if not more, as the office work. How exciting that your Internship allows you to use your creativity skills in such a practical way and for such a good cause.

Candace

Unknown said...

Wow! preparing for Christmas in early November!!! Anyways, would love to do similar projects actually, crafting stuff for the beneficial of others. Tiring job, but in the end, it is really satisfying. Thumbs up for your PR department for such idea for CSR.