Thursday, November 3, 2016

Event that involved teenagers more motivated than me.

Youth SCEAL, the NGO I am doing my work placement at, had an event that involved teenagers between the age 12 to 18 years old. They had to come up with an issue that they thought was most alarming amongst teenagers  in their shared village, Ste. Croix. Secondly, they had to come up with ways to cope up with those issue and Youth SCEAL would help them in implementing them. In their opinion, the main ones were littering, gender inequality and synthetic drug.

 As the days went by, I remember they chose synthetic drug over the others. During preparation, which I was part  of, I was quite dubious of the solutions they were proposing which I thought were overambitious for someone as young as them. I think I somehow adhered to the stereotypical image of adolescence where I just assumed that they might be not to live up to their own expectations. As wrong and misguided I was, I was happy to have learnt my lesson.

Six weeks later, those teenagers had already organised a street foot competition and had already made a video in view of promoting their cause.


During preparation :




















































Execution:







No comments: