Well what can I say!!!! The days go by very quickly. One week has passed since I started my internship. Remember my first post?? lol... I was doing press cuttings... Well for the first 4 days I have been doing the same stuffs... Been gunning down all the journals and magazines one by one. By the fifth day, I managed to do all the cuttings. I was very relieved when I finished what have to be cut. I really thought that this boring tasks was finished. But I was wrong. I had to file everything that I had cut and classified them according to the date of publications. In fact, I kept one file for every articles that was related to AfrAsia Bank Limited and I classified them according to various criteria such as Job adverts, Communique, News articles, and adverts for various products that the bank launched, of course I had to put them according to the dates of publication.
By friday the 25th, they gave me a computer to work as i had managed to finish all the cuttings. SO, i thought i would start straight away with a media release. But finally, what they gave me to do was to write an invitation letter and send them to some media outlets. Of course, my boss did the corrections needed.
Yesterday was ok. I got a new task. I had to update the emails of clients on the database. But by half day, i had to leave to go to CTI for lecture.
Today, i completed the task. I also prepared a word document containing all the information of all the media outlets across the island.
Well folks... That`s all!!!!
Cheers
Oliver
2 comments:
Hahahaha,
Sounds like you've had a great time. Bet you wish you could cut that duty out of your role aye? (hahah that was a terrible joke but anyways I should cut the crap right?)... Sorry I couldn't help it but you used the work "cut" so many times I felt that in a reply I should keep to the standard.
Don't you worry, the roles may be sooo boring and unmotivating I'm sure it will get better as your weeks go by. Like you mentioned, towards the end of your first week you got a newer better job!
Despite you get jobs that are tedious, someone has to do them and lucky you! I guess that comes with work experience and like any job there will highs and lows. If you read my final blog you will see that I have competed by placement and I got just as tedious jobs as you have now but hey there will be some perks. Maybe you will get some ice cream and some nice city views or something similar that you may like.
Goodluck with the rest of your placement.
Lannie x
haha yeah...
I ve learnt by experience that when you are new or is on internship in a company... You always get the donkey jobs.. Lol..
So I don`t really complain but I just feel that they could give me tasks that would really be interesting.
Post a Comment