Hi All,
this is my first blog...and may I admit that I am a little nervous! Apologies for any spelling errors.
Have secured an internship at my current employer, so I am very lucky to be being paid for my time! I started my internship a few weeks ago, but have really struggled to get into it, simply as the company I am at have moved locations, had a overall restructure, and I was sent away for work to the bush for 6 days (without any form of communications!) So I am really starting to get back into the PR side of things this week and next week. Thankfully they were able to give me a list of suggested work item that I will be doing, so I have some ideas on what I need to get through. Currently needing to create a contacts list for both the federal and state government, create a poster campaign and do a few fact sheets. My main issue with the items is my lack of knowledge in the area.
And i can't get over how long some things take to do! Talk about time consuming!
Anyways, will hopefully update further next week.
Hope you are all enjoying your internships!
Steph
1 comment:
OMG I can totally relate. At my placement, the space for employees is tight and they are really stringent on OCHS. So it took me so long to actually get a stable computer and working place. They had to bring in new furniture and rearrange the furniture for me, and then just months later we all had to pack up our stuff and relocate to another building. Talk about disruptive. And i can totally understand when you say it takes so long to do some things. Some things - especially when you are chasing up details or people :S - can take a lifetime because everyone is sooo busy. I never realised how long it took to get some things done...
But it is getting a little better now - i'm learning to schedule my work so i know that i have other things to do whilst i'm waiting... lol.
Lien
Comment 4/4
Post a Comment