I am glad to share that the event went without a hitch! Although it was dark and gloomy in the morning and the rain persisted, good news was bad weather did not ruin the event.
Early in the morning, everyone in the office was running about, setting up and gearing up for the event, and when 10 o’clock came, we waited. One person walked in, then a second lady came in, and soon busloads of people were dropping in.
I was out at the front entrance anxiously waiting to welcome people in. When I saw the buses of people coming, it was a relief! I started giving out ruffle tickets (for prizes & numbers checking) and talking to the busloads of people that keep on coming. I was so grateful!
We weren’t sure of the numbers of people that will be coming for the event. There were some people who expressed their interest in coming, however the numbers weren’t concrete. By the end of the day, we had a turnout of about 350 people.
We initially target to have 500 attendees; however the numbers that turned up was a good crowd. Given the number of staff we have on the floor and people tending the booths, we do realise that we could not have handle that many people.
The only disappointment that I had was there was no media present at the event. Although we sent out emails, make calls and send invitations, the local community media did not show any interest in the event. It might have been really bad timing, since our event falls during the election week.
Everyone felt that it had been a very successful event and was giving me the thumbs up and thanking me for helping out. I felt very honoured but as cliche as it sounds I have to say that the success of the event was a group effort. True enough, publicity of the event with press articles, and advertising are very good tactics, but it was the word of mouth that got many other industry groups interested in coming for the event and made the event a very successful one.
No comments:
Post a Comment