I guess this should be my final task before my official internship period is up!
I've met up with a number of web designers and they have all given me their drafts and quotes. It was a tough decision but I managed to pull through and am working with this free lance web designer whose quote was lower and produces pretty well done work. And so I invited her to school a second time round to discuss about the details.
Prior to that, I had sat down together with my management to discuss about the web information, lay out and etc. Honestly speaking, had I not been handed over this task, i would not have known how much details/information were needed to build a website. Browsing through a website and commenting it GOOD was so different from creating a hopefully GOOD website.
I had to to research on other websites, liaise with my management to see what are the information that they want on the website. So many things went through my mind. Will the students/prospective students find our website useful/informative? Will it be easy to navigate? What image does our website portray? Is the website aesthetically good?
Our current website is plain looking and disorganised and so I really hope that with the new website up, at least, my boss would give me a thumbs up. Besides, a good website in this generation and onwards is very important. "Google it!", so says everyone now.
2 comments:
Hi Jacqueline, i do agree with you that a good website is extremely important towards an organisation nowadays. When we "google" the organisation for more information, the first impression will be the website, a good website will definitely build the good impression. Maybe you should give us the link for the new website?
Cheers,
Jie
Hi Jacqueline, it sounds like your mentor is giving you a lot of freedom and independence which is terrific. He / she obviously has a high level of confidence in you.
Your liaison with various web-designers is particularly interesting, given that you were responsible for the final decision. Congratulations on handling it so professionally!
Personally, I have had minimal experience with designing web pages so I would be interested to see how your site turned out. As you mentioned, I can imagine it would involve a great deal of work and close attention to detail.
Josh.
Post a Comment