Good Afternoon All,
no doubt everyone will be too busy to be reading this post, as you will be putting the finishing touches on your masterpiece! Or for the more organised...already celebrating!
I must say, heading into this internship I was feeling both confident and nervous. This has turned out to a well warranted conflict of feelings! No matter how good your marks are in university, or how well you think you know or understand a company, life occurs, and this changes everything!
I must say I'm feeling relieved to be finished. This has been a hard few months, not to mention attempting to complete the report was an interesting experience. Horizon Power has been such an interesting place to work and analyse, their situation and work environment simply is astounding! Public Affairs and project manages alike all work hard together to:
1) Keep the power on and
2) Keep the customer's smiles on!
Considering some of our projects are conducted in places most of the population would never have heard of, Horizon Power does an amazing job.
I have both wanted to tear my hair and and have a little dance of joy through out this internship, but I have learnt a very valuable lesson. How ever long you think something will take....double it. We are always so positive on our time estimations, and this is often to our own detriment.
Good luck for exams, and if your graduating this semester, good luck in the real world!
Ciao,
Steph
1 comment:
Hi Steph,
I am glad that you have completed your internship. Likewise, I have completed mine. I must agree with you that this is a wonderful feeling as finally! We are done with school and are on our way to working in the real PR world. I hope that your experience at the internship was a good one. Personally i feel that as an intern, we are excused for making mistakes, but I am not too sure about the real world out there. Well, I am sure Curtin has prepared us well enough to handle the real world out there. Good luck to you at your exams.
Best regards,
Victor
Post a Comment