Hi everybody,
Well that half way point is just about reached, with the end of semester approaching so quickly I am now working 3-4 days a week at prac(cancer council) which is great because I can stay on track with what I am doing and being so busy helps me prioritize and use my time more effectively.
In my last post I was quite vague and the other day I realised why, I was unsure. But now it is safe to say that I have had a realisation, after reading other posts by some of my peers i noticed many were doing very conventional P.R things such as media watching, releases and so on. Personally I have not being doing much of that and it kinda worried me a bit but after stepping back and looking at what it was I actually was doing I realised that what I am doing could not be any better, I'm consulting!! Which really ties in great because at the moment I'm doing consultancy 300.
So now I really am enjoying my prac. So to coninue with my last post:
I met with my supervisor and her manager to discuss the ideas I had come up with to build awareness and get coverage for a nutrition campaign they want to run in the near future, they loved my ideas and also had a few things they wanted me to add and change. So with this knowledge I have been working on the report, researching and holding regular meeting with my supervisor to make sure their happy with what i'm doing, keeping the client informed and happy! It's great to get hands on experience like this and gives me a better idea of what I may want to do in the future.
Also just before I end this post I'd just like to say that working at the cancer council is a great experience thus far, the people are great and it's interesting to see how a non-profit organisation runs.
Thats all for now..
Brett B
2 comments:
Hi Brett,
You must have a huge work load at the moment if you are at your placement 3-4 times a week as well as uni work! That sounds like a really fun and interesting place to be working and the nutrition campaign would be interesting for you, especially as it probably ties in with your Consultancy unit.
The hands on experience of the placement I found to be great too. I think it really opens up everyone’s eyes to the reality of a PR job and putting our uni knowledge into practice. I too worked at a not-for-profit organisation so I know what it is like relying on funding from sponsors and other bodies. It always helps when you are working in a friendly environment with people who are looking out for you and offering you great support! I hope this continues for our careers and we are able to continue to work in positive environments with work colleagues we get along with.
Good luck with the second half of your placement, writing your final report and completing your degree.
Sarah
Hi Brett,
I can sympathize and understand how other people's blogs can make you concerned with the work that you are doing. I have found the exact same issue with working within an events department! However as you go on you will find that all of the work you do is relevant! My writing experience in PR has helped me write event programs and run sheets! It really sounds like they value your opinion there and you obviously have a knack for consultancy! Its great to think even those who have been in the business for years ares still excited by our new and innovative ideas!
Best of luck Brett!
Kind regards
Holly :)
Post a Comment