Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Bring my culture into my job…

Hi how are you going?
So tired this afternoon, anyway happy to see you all here and I would like to share a piece of my mind with you.
Working in a farm which has a different culture with mine is not that easy, but I tried to put the multicultural stuff into my new job, giving them some fresh-Chinese culture, and be happy to see that all people are glad to accept it. I found that I really have to take more time and background knowledge.
Sometimes I could not see any connection between what I have worked for and PR. That was confused me a big time, nevertheless I tried my best.

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Hi Ning,

It's great to hear that someone has actually experienced the cross-cultural situations that we have heard so much about in all of our units.

It can be incredibly difficult working in an environment that your not only unfamiliar with in terms of never worked in a real PR department before, but when your cultural differences come in to play it must have really thrown you! Fanstastic that you were able to contribute some of your culture back to the company though, adapting and tolerating other cultures is all good and well but incorporating them together should only be a win-win situation. Two head are better than one right?

Best of luck with everything,

Ashlee

Anonymous said...

Hi Ning,
Putting in the multi-cultural stuff was actually a creative action and a good choice.
Whilst it is easy to say that a public relations campaign must be designed with the sensitivity for the culture of the client, the PR practitioner and the target publics, it is particularly difficult to accomodate the culture of its participants when they are from different cultures.It is great that you would be able to apply what you have learnt about intercultural communications into your PR plans.
Congratulations on it all having worked out well so far