For the past two weeks I have had the most amazing opportunity to observe the real nitty gritty detail that goes into the organisation and in this case success of an event.
Sunset Events organises the blues and roots music festival which is held in the city of fremantle each year.
The sunset events team were so supportive of eachothers roles in the coming together of this event.
I have experienced not only the preparation tasks such as;
1. laminating signage and making sinage
2 putting up sponsorship placements on site,
3. answering phone queries regarding the festival
4. collecting orders i.e staff tshirts
5. presentation of staff lanyards ( site layout of festival and vital contacts)
6. researching costs , calling around ( FAL for confectionary,ponchos, etc)
But have so too had the opportunity to see how the whole day panned out.. and in my opinion it was an incredible success.
My role on the day of the festival which was held yesterday ( 18th april 2009) was staff registration whereby I was to sign in staff members.
This particular experience has confirmed my passion for Public relations in regards to events management and the attitudes of all sunset events staff truly made this experience one that I will never forget.
Attached are some images of the preparation and my role on the day
lara oblowitz 13375678
4 comments:
That sounds like a massive task... I'm doing a small event at the moment, and I can't believe how time-consuming it is... Fun, but time consuming!
I was in Freo on Saturday night, and walked past the festival- it looked like everyone was having a really good time.
Lara that sounds like a great placement! Especially if you are interested in events management (and the music wouldnt be so bad either, the line up this year at Blues and Roots was great!)
Event management is something I am interested in also. Last year I helped out at the Royal Show's Family Fun Stage and also at the FOXTEL Lap, a charity event held in the city.
What other events have you been working on/ worked on in the past?
At the moment I am working on a small event for a store launch. And like Merinda said in her comment on the 20th, it is fun, but time-consuming! So many details to consider.
Was incredible. There are no other events sunset events are planning just yet, the next event of theirs is in october, however working at sunset events has made me realise that one is always organising an event.. regardless of when it is, even little things;like media publicity reporting to see if the marketing/advertising/pr is successful in the build up for an event and alot of research in regards to administrative costs and general market research. What store launch is it?
That sounds like a great experience! I can only imagine how much you took out from being a part of that.
That event must have definitely put into practice the stuff you'd been learning about in your course.
Post a Comment