Thursday, July 16, 2009

Week One of my internship.

Hello All.I am Sumit Bikram Dewan from Curtin University of Technology Miri,Sarawak and have just completed week one of my internship which i am undertaking at Go International Group Sdn Bhd, which is a Marketing Communications organization based in Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia. Work starts at 9 am and i leave the office at about 6 in the evening. My organization is involved in multiple disciplines such as marketing communication, event management, advertising, design and public relations. However,I conduct my duties activities under the public relations banner and my supervisor has been a real help during my settling in period.
I was briefed about the organization and my duties on day one and also got a glimpse of what i was expected to observe,do and learn.My colleagues have also been a great help and i was able to see how the media was apporached, how media clippings are sought and retained to help understand and weighed to measure the value created. I was asked to prepare a press release and factsheet as my supervisor wanted to have a look at my writing skill and technique, i presume she was quite pleased with my presentation as she remarked favourably on my work.
My internship period is part of my unit PR 393 (professional practice) and week one has been somewhat of a good settling in as well as eye-opening period. I expect that at the end of these few weeks of experiencing the working public relations environment i will have learnt and honed my skills to keep me in good stead for my venture into the world post-graduation.

No comments: