I had always been afraid of writing emails which are to be sent out to anyone but friends. It’s like a cold hard piece of evidence of how bad my writings are and also clearly shows any possible mistakes that you have keyed into it. Now that I had started my attachment, Email had just wriggled in and taken over as the main form of communications to anyone. Composing Emails after Emails was only the start, it was the least of my worries after the first week.
Soon I discovered that writing the Emails to my clients and potential vendors was pretty much easy once you get the hang of it. The tone and acceptable writing style wasn’t hard to get use to, but soon after, the real problem begins. I do not know if anyone actually encountered such a problem but Emails start to build up rapidly in my mail box and it soon became impossible to effectively manage all the information flooding in. At worst times, it even caused me to miss out important notes and task that was passed down to me with the usage of Emails. It was an outbreak!!
So here I am to share with everyone some important tips to manage such Emails, if you ever have such a problem. Categories and create separate folders for each account that you are handling, if needed, you might even consider doing sub-folders within. Always try to read the latest Emails even when you are in the heat of another account you are currently servicing, you might never know some new updates that had came in that could make life easier or worst.
That’s really all I have to share for this posting but do let me know how everyone handles overwhelming numbers of emails coming in. I look forward for more tips!!
2 comments:
The folders idea is a really useful one, even just for using your personal account. It's the same as keeping up to date with the filing in an office position - the more you keep up with it, the easier it is!
Because my placement has kept very odd hours, my mentor and I communicate by email when I am working on projects from home. I quickly found that if I let my 'filing' get away from me, then I lost the emails that had the most important information in them amongst my general emails. Putting them straight into folders when I got them helped so much. As per usual organisation is key for success!!
Hey Steve,
I completely understand what you mean! Having taken on so much responsibility with The Global Good Foundation, the number of emails I get each day is ridiculous!
As I am quite often out of the office attending to meetings and what not, I have actually set up email on my phone (not sure if that has a been a positive thing or a negative! It quite easily distracts me!)
But I definitely agree with you Steve and I recommend folders to everyone using emails!
Post a Comment