Before I started my internship at HKABA-WA, I was expecting to be organizing events and functions for networking sessions and drafting news releases. An opportunity to organize an event in early October slipped away because the proposal for the event did not come through as there are issues facing the organization currently – lack of manpower and changes in the organization. It is currently facing changes and shifts in the organization committee members.
As a non-for-profit organization, the committee members are volunteers, who contribute their efforts, who take time off their busy schedule, to assist the organization in organizing networking opportunities for members, with no monetary-rewards. The intrinsic gain might not be attractive enough for the committee members to dedicate their time to organize networking sessions and functions for members nor are they most willing to do a trade-off with their full-time jobs.
Hence, with all the issues that the organization is facing right now, work has been pretty slow and mundane recently. However, I am looking forward to how I can assist the organization in the upcoming events as things will start to pick up later this year with the two confirmed events, “Hong Kong: New Insights, New Opportunities” in November and the “11th Hong Kong Forum” in December.
2 comments:
I understand the feeling of work being mundane, especially when you feel like you should be actively learning and thirsty to learn and be busy. Its all a learning curve however, in one day the whole situation can swing around and you will be flat out running of your feet. I hope it all picks up for you and you continue learning.
Regards, Monique
agree with monique. probably you can try initiating or improving something they are lacking in?
Post a Comment