In my time at the Property Council I have become a whiz at a website known as Survey Monkey: www.surveymonkey.com
The handy website helps you design and distribute surveys in the most efficient way possible. There are two kinds of options for an account. The first is free. The only downfall of this account is that you can’t post more than 10 questions per survey. The second and unlimited option is something like $20 per month.
When I was first introduced to Survey Monkey I was wishing that I had known about it all through my uni degree. The website also allows you to select which types of questions you would like to ask (multi choice – one answer, multi-choice – several answers, short answer, etc). You can design the survey with different colours, create headings, page numbers to print it off neatly and most importantly...create a link so that it can be sent through to participants in an email and done in a matter of minutes.
I have created about 10 surveys using Survey Monkey and we have discovered that the rate of responses is much higher when using such a simple online program. This is really beneficial when having to analyse the data. There have been times when I have spent all day trying to chase up responses! I would say that has been my most tedious task so far.
I recommend everyone familiarise themselves with Survey Monkey because it might come in handy throughout your career!
2 comments:
Another great web survey site is WebSurveyMaster http://www.websurveymaster.com/ it is similar to surveymonkey but we just like WebSurveyMaster a whole lot more.
It is very easy to use, creates great professional looking surveys, and the results analysis tools are fantastic.
Hope this helps!
Elaine
I've used survey monkey before and it has proven useful for initial testings, but the results do tend to be somewhat skewed because of the nature of the site.
For example, if was testing the sentiments towards a pharmaceutical company that catered to a much older audiences, how many of my target audiences would actually be on the internet.
Also, because you tend to send these surveys to your friends, and they send it to their friends, you may get "stuck" in a certain demographic.
That being said, it is a useful tools, especially if resources are tight, but they have to be taken into consideration with a larger picture.
Post a Comment