The last day of my placement has finally gone and I am left with great memories and excperiences that will help my future career path.
My last day ended on a really nice note as it we held a thank you wine and cheese night for the volunteers at the iiNet Black Diamond Ball. A good way to catch up with everyone again before I left.
Over the months I have been at Lifeline WA I have gained a lot of different experiences and learn a new set of skills. I think the greatest experience I had when working with Lifeline was working within such an organised and focused team to create the iiNet Black Diamond Ball. I have worked within a lot of different work environments but I honestly have to say Lifeline WA has been the best I have ever worked within. All work that you do is recognised and really appreciated and I think this treatment of staff has created a really welcoming work environment that is consistent throughout all the departments. Of course there are slight hiccups but that is to be expected within any work environment and any problems are quickly addressed and no small staff problem is overlooked.
I participated in many different activities spanning from typical PR work, event management, volunteer coordination and admin work. Although this placement did not give me as much PR experience I would have liked it did open my eyes to different pathways this degree can take me.
I gained a good insight to event management during my time at Lifeline WA and although I have decided I wouldn't like to take it up as my career it is a very interesting, busy and rewarding job.
It's been a great couple of months working with Lifeline WA and I have no doubt I will remember all these lessons when I finally get into my real career/
Good luck everyone!
Kate Drinkwater
Bentley Campus
13959108
2 comments:
WOW I can't believe you've finished! It goes by just so fast! I can imagine it feels sad...but also a sense of happiness that you got to participate in such a unique experience.
My intern also isn't going into the PR side of things as much as I had hoped. But it's still interesting how different things work.
I can't believe you got to go to a ball! The biggest project I've been working on so far is a calender!
Hi Kate,
I'm also undertaking my placement with a not-for-profit and it's interesting to hear you talk about the strong, positive team workplace environment because it's exactly the same where I am.
I think this is due to the fact that not-for-profit is about so much more than the bottom line, so everyone is more invested in working together and achieving those important goals, because they are so hard to achieve with the resource constraints and colleagues aren't really competing against each other like they would in a more corporate environment.
I also feel very welcomed and encouraged by my colleagues and I'm glad to hear your experience in not-for-profit is as positive as mine.
Post a Comment