Sunday, October 16, 2011

*busy weekend*

Hey everyone,

This is the first time ever in my life I found myself busy note: "on a weekend". The workshop had me up every morning at 6 and I got home every night at around 8 to 9pm.

I’m not complaining tho, because the experience was all worth it and I learnt a lot from the talk itself and the different experts that were there. I was responsible for helping register the participants from the 14 different countries every morning when they came in and directed them to their designated areas. this gave me a chance to work hand in hand with the companies clients which is what PR is all about, having a good relationship with your clients. it was very challenging to begin with as I was dealing with producers from top TV stations in their countries, but warmed up to it all and got compliments for my punctuality, assistance and participation.

The little that happened this weekend has been an eye opener and I hope to learn more in this profession which will help strengthen my skills and make me marketable. The workshop ends on Wednesday and will update you about the whole experience then.

Bye for now :)

3 comments:

Mr Keletso Ndiye Kakanje said...

A great experience you got out of such an event, it is now visible the importance of time in our field, you get compliments if you keep it up. Also dealing with an international community gets us at the PR International you have to learn and understand the different backgrounds we come from. Keep us updated.

Anonymous said...

looking at the fact that you get to work earlier than usual, how do you manage all this, waking up early and having a hectic day ahead? did they give you some tips as to how to go about it at work or its just your commitment that drives you?

Michelle said...

That sounds interesting maintaining good corporate relationships is very imperative in public relations as this will maintain a good image of the organization you work in.