Campus: Limkokwing University of Creative Technology(Malaysia)
hi everyone!!
I did my internship for eight weeks for the module PR393 here in Malaysia at The Chateau Spa and Organic Wellness Resort where I was given a chance to do a lot of Public Relations work which included things like preparing Press Releases, media monitoring creating brochures but to mention a few.
The Chateau is the world’s first organic wellness spa resort offering the ultimate in health and well-being enrichment
My experience at The Chateau Spa and Organic Wellness Resort for those eight weeks was an eye opener as it gave me an insight of what I should expect in the real Public Relations and corporate world when I graduate.
In the first few weeks that i was there we were preparing for Christmas, so i got a chance to take part in the preparation of the Christmas Eve Gala Dinner which was held at one of the resort's halls.
The Chateau Pr& Comms department was responsible for the Christmas decorations and we also had to prepare numerous press releases to distribute to the local media in an effort to create awareness about the Gala Dinner. As an intern I got a chance to help my supervisor Mr Chin to write those press release.
We also organized the New Year’s Eve street party, which was help at the Colmar Tropicale Square. As part of the organizing team we were responsible for the decorations of each of the events, which I must note was also one of the best things about organizing events, not only did I learn a whole lot about organizing them I became a capable landscape decorator.
The Gala dinner and New Year's eve party was a way for The Chateau to come together with the public and celebrate the holidays.I enjoyed taking part in these events because they made me feel like a part of something and it was an honor to see the happiness it brought upon the public that was present for both events.
Performance by The Chateau Staff.
My colleague and i posing with the snow man :)
THE NEW YEAR'S EVE STREET PARTY







1 comment:
you did a lot of PR work indeed, and from your pictures i can tell that it was rewarding because you have gained experience in return.
Post a Comment