Monday, April 16, 2012

Working is not as easy as going to schooling


During my first day in Le Meridian Hotel, I was given my uniform and then the Human Resource trainees Manager brought me around and showed me every department. This allows me to get to know most of my colleagues and also my way around the hotel. After the entire introduction, I was directed to my supervisor, Jocelyn Banding, Marketing Communication Manager. When I met her, she showed me where is my seat, and brief me trough what would I be doing throughout this placement. After that, I went along with her to the daily briefing. In that briefing I was introduced to the entire sales and marketing group.

For the first week of my placement, I was assign to do all the media clippings, from English to Chinese and Malay newspapers. Besides that, the hotel is being audited on their branding. I was also responsible to make sure that all brand standards was meet and take pictures to prove to the head quarter. This few days I experience the real working experience of going to work in the morning, having lunch with colleagues and taking on responsibilities and also order from our supervisors.

Basically, the first week of my placement was just getting to know the hotel and their branding standards for future purpose. To guide me on the standards, my supervisor passed my four Starwood branding guide book. I read it and understand it, it consist many artist. Their three main core value are sheik, element of discovery and culture. Everything they do must have at least one of the elements in it. Therefore, my assignment for the first week is just to do media clippings, at the same time know the hotel’s competitors and what were the current affairs.

No comments: