I hope that you have been doing great and did not miss me too much. I am here again to give you some of my experiences. Today I will be different, no more telling you what I have been doing or my experiences in my internship. I am going to share or remind you about some of the things that I think are important when handling clients or how to behave when having eye to eye contact with them.
During my internship I realized that there are some clients that are hard to handle I telly you, so I have come up with a few ways in which we as PR practitioners can do to handle clients, of course we should follow the ethical and professional ways of doing so. Here are some of the things I think we should keep in mind when handling our valued clients.
- Be patient- i have learned that one needs to be patient when dealing with clients especially a dissatisfied or a complaining one. If you have a short temper then you better work on it so as to deliver quality service to them. Patience is needed in the world of PR because it enables one to listen and understand the client. Don't throw hands at a client just because you think what they are complaining about to you does not make sense.
- Pay attention to clients- imagine how a client would feel if they walk in your office and you are on the phone talking to your friend and you make them wait, just think about how you would feel if someone does that to you. So, when a client walks in your office for help, please stop what you were doing and welcome them with a smile and make them comfortable with the surroundings. Well, i learned this from my supervisor and I think that it is the right thing to do more especially that the organization exists because of the clients and if you don't give them the attention they deserve they start talking dirty about the organization and in no time financial loses will be made. In short lets give the clients the attention they deserve and don't be like that officer who ignored you at an organization you now hate.
- Respect the clients- respect them no matter the age or gender. When we are talking to the clients we should not loose ourselves and forget the work ethics and professionalism and start using insults or swear words with them. Respect can also be shown by the quality of the services or products an organization gives to its clients, so if you give the clients bad services i hope you wouldn't mind being treated the same. But lucky us we are professionals and we know ethics so such things would not happen to us right?!
- Be calm- calmness may lower the anger of a client. If the client come to you with that angry face and voice, please and I say please again, show them the seat and calmly tell him/her to take a seat and say what they are angry about. Listen to them attentively as they speak and again calmly talk to him or her to make him or her understand you. End the talk with telling them how you may help and if it is something that you have no control over you would want to make a call while the client is still there to hear what you are saying or show them where they can get help from in person. No, matter how angry the client was, he or she will walk out of your office with a satisfied or maybe a happy face cause of your calmness and your will to help.
LESEDI MORAPEDI
LUCT


1 comment:
wow!!that is quite insightful, i agree with you that we should know how to handle our customers in the best manner, because afterall it is through them that our organisations are able to prosper.
even though sometimes some customers may be quite disrespectful i feel it is important to always stay calm and address their issues with a positive attitude and try by all means to make them understand
Post a Comment