Thursday, May 24, 2012

NOW A PROFESSIONAL


I remember being told about the upcoming symposium that was to happen in a few weeks and all I thought was 'I'm not  going to last on this job'..All the PR tasks I was given henceforth were all towards the event.
I prepared the Press and Radio announcement which I sent to media houses to publish and announce.This gave me a confidence and fulfillment I have never had. I was also in charge of sending Emails to different universities to invite them to the symposium.

Everyday was a challenge as the work began to pile up. At the symposium there was going to be a quiz competition, I contacted different companies which are members to ABU asking them to sponsor the quiz and bring forth the prizes. Thought it was not easy to communicate with some of these people i learnt to be patient and deal with the most difficult people.  The experience I gained cannot be traded with anything.

No comments: