So the time has come- I am in the final stages of reviewing my Public Relations Placement report. While looking over the the "my placement" section in the report- it reminds me of the incredible experiences I had while completing my placement with Travel Management Group and how I could not be more pleased with how it turned out. A few things made my placement extra special. I’ll list these now:
The work: TMG were well-aware they were taking on a Public Relations student, and gave me exactly the kind of work experience I had hoped for. Media releases and event management!
Location: I chose to complete my placement in the south west rather than in Perth. Because I grew up in Margaret River I have a strong local knowledge of the area as well as the satellite towns and wineries. This prior knowledge combined with some already established networks gave me the confidence to launch into my media campaign. Like a lot of Margaret River residents, I feel very proud of my hometown and privileged to grow up in what I consider to be one of beautiful corners of the world. This passion for the region combined with working on the annual Margaret River Wine Region Festival gave me a lot of pleasure and satisfaction!
People: My supervisor and the staff I worked with treated me like an equal, gave me full responsibility for my work, and all of the support I needed when I needed it. Their knowledge and style was great to observe and aspire towards. I now have two personal references, and have received three job offers as a result of personal recommendations made on my behalf.
Good luck to everyone in submitting the report, and I hope you have all had as much fun with your placement as I have had.
Student: Keely Robertson (Bentley campus)
Placement: Travel Management Group
4 comments:
hey Keely!
i'm really glad your placement turned out well! i too have just finished my placement and it's great to see how a good rewarding placement has taught us so much more than a classroom can teach! congratulations on receiving job offers and i really hope you get the job of your dreams!
i am really excited for you as you start your work in Public Relations!
all the best!
Derrick
So good to hear you enjoyed your placement so much, and thats so good that you had the option to complete it in the south west! Wish i could have had an experience outside of Perth!
I've just completed my placement too, and the report really made me reflect on my time there too, so many great learning experiences and it really does put you in the place of the real working world!
Good luck for everything in the future! we're all so luck to have this unit its such a great opportunity!
Hi Keely,
Glad to hear you had such a rewarding time on your placement.
I definitely agree - it wasn't until I look at the "Placement Summary" section of my report that I realised how much I had accomplished in those 20 working days!
Best of luck for the future,
Rachel
Seems like you had such an amazing experience. My placement was a fulfillin one too
All the Best
Bojotlhe
Post a Comment