Tuesday, February 26, 2013

...Embarked on a new adventure...



Good morning dear friends

Last week was the start of a new adventure at Investment and Management services (IMS) Ltd.
At the beginning of the week, I was informed that IMS was chosen for the organisation of a residential team building activity for a company that has problems with communication among the employees. Therefore, the aim of the team building was to improve employee relations within the organisation. IMS has to create the whole event from the choice of the venue to the activities that will be undertaken. To my great pleasure, I was notified that I will contribute to the event's organisation. Until now, every formal event that I planned was only for assignment purposes thus, I was excited to participate in the development of such an important event for real.

As it is a residential team building, my role was to contact different hotels to verify availability, ask for the different packages and so forth. Then, I had to eliminate those that did not match our expectations. When I obtained the final list I had to analyse each and every offer and make recommendations on which one correspond best to the company’s expectations and why.

This was enriching as I did not conceive that so much time could be spent on finding an accommodation. In theory, we just mention “to find venue” but in practice it takes much more time as sometimes people do not respond and I had to send several messages for them to react. Moreover, on some occasions I had to explain all over again due to some misunderstandings.

Besides, all through I had to remain professional. Last week i had a quick grasp of the difficulties that a PR practitioner might come across for instance, communication problems, or impassiveness among others.

This experience taught me how to remain professional in circumstances where one could get easily upset. Yet, I know that there are many situations like this to come and I feel ready to face them with more confidence.

So, PR 393 peers I’ll see you soon for a new ride in the PR realm.

No comments: